Thursday, February 10, 2011

K2 Darkstar All Mountain

guava with cheese and renaming.

Those who know me know two things about me: I like guava and I feel uncomfortable with proselytizing. As of guava as I have no excuse; at proselytizing itself. My discomfort arises why no what to do about it. I do not know whether to fold my arms or look away. If not hide behind arrogance or dive in mercy. But I live in a world where dinosaurs did not come to where the pastor, but the pastor has to go after them.
When Scripture speaks of proselyte refers to those who convert to Judaism. And for centuries, this category had a positive sense, even likened to the missionary. It is late nineteenth century the term acquired a negative character, especially in the ecumenical context, when referred to the proselytizing activities of some Christians in order to lead people to change churches.
When the Ebro talking about proselytizing what people understand is an attempt to attract others to the very cause at any price, exerting any pressure, attempting to freedom of conscience and an ecclesiology to get worked despretigiando another.
But there are two things that people have to know: the guava paste and cheese known to glory and my church has to be a missionary or disappear with age.
Christians are called to bear witness to their faith. And they have to do with loyalty and respect and if you can share. This is a Gospel mandate which my church can not escape. But no witness is to place my church over the honor of Christ. Nor is it to persuade a member of another church who was baptized as a child to receive a new baptism as an adult in my church. Witnessing is what Jesus has done for you and me. And as for his action, now I am a new person.
This encounter with Christ who makes us new people not re-baptize.
February

0 comments:

Post a Comment